Terms and conditions
1. Kyly’s Pole Fitness and Dance (the Business) is currently located at The Pithay Studios, All Saints Street, Bristol BS1 2LZ (the Venue) and all classes will be held at the Venue. The Business reserves the right to change the Venue to another suitable venue at any time for any reason.
2. Occasionally due to circumstances beyond the Business’ control it may change the times, dates and locations of our classes. The Business will at all times endeavour to offer you a suitable alternative if you have paid for a class which has been moved to a different time, date or location. Any refunds are at the Business’ discretion.
Health and Safety
3. All teachers within the Business have public liability insurance and first aid training.
4. You must at all times listen carefully to the instructions of our teachers and follow those instructions. Students who repeatedly disobey instructions will be asked to leave the class or course and will not be entitled to a refund.
5. Whilst our teachers will give every attention to your safety during a class, pole fitness is a sport, and like any other sport carries a danger of injury. You therefore participate in the classes at your own risk. The Business cannot accept any liability for any injuries caused during the classes.
6. If you have any medical conditions or are pregnant, please consult your doctor for confirmation that you are able to participate in the class. All students are under an obligation to inform the Business of any medical conditions or pregnancy prior to undertaking any classes.
7. Please ensure that you arrive at your class on time in order to participate in the warm up to reduce the risk of injury. The Business reserves the right to refuse to allow you to join the class if you have not warmed up properly. The Business’ decision on what constitutes a proper warm up is final.
8. Please ensure that you wear suitable clothes for pole dancing. Shorts, vest top or t-shirt. Please also avoid wearing moisturiser on the day you are due to attend a class as this can make the pole slippery.
9. To book onto a course, please contact the instructor that is running the course. For the prices of our courses, please see the Classes and Timetables section of our website.
10. Before booking onto a course, please contact one of our instructors to discuss your ability so the Business can decide which course is the most suitable. If you book onto a course of a certain level and it transpires that the class is not suitable for your ability, the Business reserves the right to transfer you into a more appropriate class for that block. No refunds will be given.
11. Payment for a course must be made up front in cash to your instructor at the beginning of the first class. If you do not pay your instructor at the beginning of the first class, the Business reserves the right to stop you participating in the class and give your place in the class to another student.
12. The Business will only refund courses that are cancelled at least 7 days before the start date. Once the course has started, no refunds will be given.
13. If the Business is forced to cancel a class, it will offer the students an alternative. If a student is unable to attend the alternative, then the Business will give the student a refund for that class on a pro rata basis.
14. If there is a space on a class, students are able to attend on a drop in basis. The price for a drop in class is in the Classes and Timetables section of our website. Payment for a drop in class must be made up front in cash to your instructor at the beginning of the class.
15. For multiple bookings and discounts, please see the Classes and Timetables section of the website.
16. Before starting a course or undertaking any class run by the Business, you will be required to sign a disclaimer confirming that you understand the risks of pole fitness and agree to these terms and conditions.
17. Pole courses run in four week blocks. Each class is one hour and 15 minutes long. Please ensure that you arrive on time for a class so you can participate in the warm up.
18. If you are unable to attend a class, please let your instructor know at least 24 hours before the class is due to start so the Business can offer your space to another student. Your instructor’s contact details can be found in the Contact us section of our website.
19. Once the course has started, the Business will not refund any missed classes. If you miss a class and you comply with the notification procedure at clause 18, the Business will endeavour to offer you a place in a different class within your booking block if there is a space available. This is at the Business’ complete discretion and it is under no obligation whatsoever to offer you another class to compensate you for the one you missed.
20. If you miss a class and do not follow the absence notification procedure at clause 18, the Business will not offer you a place in another class and you will have forfeited the class.
21. If you miss more than two classes in any one block, the Business reserves the right to offer your place on the course to another student and you will not receive a refund.
22. In addition to scheduled classes and courses, the Business opens the Venue at set times to allow its students to practice (see Classes and Timetables section of the website). These sessions operate on a drop in basis and are open to current students of the Business only.
23. There is a limit of 9 students allowed to attend each pole practice. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis on the day.
24. Payment for pole practice is required on the day, at the beginning of the session.
25. This session is designed for students to practice what they have been taught in classes. Students should therefore not undertake any new moves they have not been taught in class, or attempt to teach other students new moves as this will not be covered by the Business’ public liability insurance.
26. Pole practice will be attended by one instructor from the Business to ensure that students are complying with the above terms. The instructor will not teach any students during pole practice.